Environmental Consultants provide expert’s advice to a range of organizations and help them minimize damaging effects on the environment. Typical job duties of an Environmental Consultant include determining how new developments affect the environment, measuring pollution levels, gathering and interpreting data, identifying potential contamination, reporting to clients and stakeholders, and managing cleanup in case of environmental accidents.
Cover letter samples for Environmental Consultant make display of the following qualifications:
An example cover letter showcasing similar Environmental Consultant skills and experience is provided below.
Dear Mr. White:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in your opening for an Environmental Consultant at Lily Pad. As a highly accomplished and skilled environmental and sustainability specialist, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your organization.
My background spans more than 15 years of experience successfully promoting and directing green business initiatives while building outstanding relationships with businesses, federal agencies, nonprofits, Chambers of Commerce, and the general public to foster environmental awareness and understanding. Through my experience, I have become well versed in ensuring compliance with both local and federal regulations while concurrently driving achievement of sustainability goals. My additional skills in operations, budgeting, resource allocation, and team building position me to make a significant contribution to your organization.
A sampling of my professional achievements include:
- Providing overarching consultancy-based support to more than 85 businesses in the San Antonio region, helping companies to develop and implement sustainability programs; creating and introducing key initiatives regarding recycling, purchasing / procurement, water and energy conservation, and pollution prevention.
- Supervising environmental site inspections and investigations while verifying regulatory compliance and overseeing project development life cycles.
- Liaising effectively between businesses and regulators to propel air quality education, program development, and overall improvement across San Antonio.
- Demonstrating exceptional team leadership, organization, and communication skills to facilitate valuable project results and optimize efficiency.
- Holding a Master’s degree in Environmental Studies / Natural Resource Management as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Rice University; attaining comprehensive knowledge of environmental issues, resource management concerns, and sustainability practices.
My proven commitment to driving environmental and resource management policies and initiatives, along with my strong communication and presentation talents and my strong knowledge of current environmental issues and trends, will contribute immensely to the success of Lily Pad. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kathlyn B. Martinez
Write. Review. Target. Revise.Cover letter writing is an art. While there are suggested formats and samples to review, letters can vary widely. Perhaps the most important thing to remember is that the job of the cover letter is to get you an interview. It is not a repetition of your resume, though it should entice the reader to read your resume.
The actual writing of the cover letter comes after researching the employer, reviewing and deconstructing the job description, and plugging yourself into the job description, i.e. selecting top areas of the job description where you have solid knowledge, skills and/or experience.
Your goal should be to make the reader's task of evaluating you vis a vis the job description easy. Remember that there may be various readers—an assistant with a checklist of qualifications, committee members who wrote the job description, or sometimes a computer scanner that counts key words.
The below samples and outline will get you started or help you refine the letters you are already writing.